Mastering the Menstrual Cycle
Understanding How the Menstrual Cycle Impacts Every Aspects of a Woman's Life
Unlock the secrets of women's health with our course "Mastering Women's Health: The Role of Hormones." Gain essential knowledge to understand, diagnose, and address critical hormonal aspects of women's well-being. This comprehensive program is designed to empower individuals of all genders and ages with a deep understanding of the menstrual cycle, its impact on physical and emotional well-being, and how to harness this knowledge for a healthier and more harmonious life.
- Hypothalamic Ovarian Axis: Explore the complex interplay between the hypothalamus and ovaries, understanding how this axis governs the menstrual cycle and influences reproductive health.
- Amenorrhea: Gain insights into the various types of amenorrhea, their causes, and the implications for overall health. Learn strategies for diagnosis and management.
- Hypothalamic Pituitary Failure: Delve into the causes, symptoms, and potential treatments for conditions involving the failure of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in regulating reproductive hormones.
- Eugonadal Ovulatory Dysfunction: Understand the factors leading to eugonadal (normal hormone levels) ovulatory dysfunction and explore strategies for restoring hormonal balance.
- Ovarian Failure: Explore the causes and consequences of ovarian failure, including premature ovarian insufficiency and menopause. Learn about hormone replacement therapy and lifestyle interventions for managing these conditions.
Rhanishia graduated with her Bachelor's in Nursing in 2010. She went on to start her career as a RN, serving in The United States Public Health Service as a Commissioned Officer. Rhanishia spent the beginning of her nursing journey, serving the Native American population in Arizona. During that time, she worked in family medicine, obstetrics, and Public Health Nursing. Rhanishia worked closely with prenatal women out in the community, helping them to successfully breastfeed and care for their newborns. This is when Rhanishia decided that she would one day work with women and children as a primary care provider. This experience helped Rhanishia become board certified as an international lactation consultant (IBCLC).
After completing her Master's in Nursing and becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, Rhanishia soon discovered that she would want to become an expert at Women’s Health and become a better advocate for the women and families she cared for. Rhanishia is currently enrolled in Baylor’s Doctoral Midwifery Program, and working as Labor & Delivery nurse at a level IV facility in Houston, Texas. Rhanishia is most excited to empower and educate women. She does so in her current nursing role, but also enjoys educating via her business and YouTube channel titled PractitionHER. Rhanishia is keenly aware that when you care for a mother – the entire family dynamic is enhanced.